Tires discounted! - Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 12-10-2015, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Lou zx12r
Tires discounted!

I have been looking for deals on a set of tires for my zx14r & zx12r and came across motorcyclesuperstore.com offering several brands discounted upto 60%
I called them to make sure they haven't been sitting on the shelf for years. They were not. The discount is do to the holidays. So I grabbed 2 sets of Pirelli diablo rosso corsa 190/55/17 & 120/70/17 for a total of $429 free shipping. that was $119.99 rear & $99 front. If Pirelli is your brand this would be the time to buy.

Lou

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2012 zx14r
2009 Concours 14
2000 zx12r
One day at a Time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-10-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou zx12r View Post
I have been looking for deals on a set of tires for my zx14r & zx12r and came across motorcyclesuperstore.com offering several brands discounted upto 60%
I called them to make sure they haven't been sitting on the shelf for years. They were not. The discount is do to the holidays. So I grabbed 2 sets of Pirelli diablo rosso corsa 190/55/17 & 120/70/17 for a total of $429 free shipping. that was $119.99 rear & $99 front. If Pirelli is your brand this would be the time to buy.

Lou
Thank you my brother ! These are my choice for sure. Once you use the best nothing else will do. I laugh all the time at these guys posting how good their Pilot bla,bla, bla tires are.... All Pilots are dog shit! Same goes for anything Dunlop makes or has made for the last 30 years. Pirelli has NO EQUAL in the sport bike tire market!
post #3 of 12 Old 12-11-2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:

Lou
Thanks for the heads up man that's a great deal and are the tires I also use. They don't last for shit, not good in the cold, but damn it they stick like stink on shit when warmed up. Love em! Thanks again, good lookin out...

4-Wheels Moves Your Body
2-Wheels Moves Your Soul
"Too Much Horse-Power!" said no one, ever...
Straight lines are for fast bikes, corners are for fast riders...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 12-11-2015, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

:) When nothing but the best will do, Pirelli is the brand for you! that's what have been saving for the last 10 years.

Lou

2012 zx14r
2009 Concours 14
2000 zx12r
One day at a Time!!
post #5 of 12 Old 12-11-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
:) When nothing but the best will do, Pirelli is the brand for you! that's what have been saving for the last 10 years.

Lou
Funny thing....... I backslid and tried a set of Pilot Power 2CT tires on mine and the wife's bike after we had both already been spoiled by Pirelli Corsa tires.. I'll never forget the look on both our faces when we pulled off to discuss our feelings about the new Pilot tires after the first time really pushing them after scrubbing them in and warming them up properly.. We both had a look like we had just swallowed a mouth full of sour PUKE ! @ sets of what was supposedly the top if the line tire made by Michelin at the time.. Both sets fussed over by myself to assure they were installed properly and had the exact amount of air pressure before comparing them. I removed 2 brand new sets of 2 CT tires and gave them away with a warning ( THEY SUCK !) But it never fails to amaze me how many people swear by those junk tires. The funny thing is we both HATED the feed back and lack of feel from the front tire mainly due to it's pointy profile ! The same issues all the MotoGp teams are experiencing today as they are trying to figure out how to use a POS tire design that was forced down their throat! Michelin's official stance is ----------> They'll need to alter their riding style to suit our POS front tire profile ! Instead of Michelin building a new tire with a profile that's properly designed ! I wouldn't put Michelin anything on anything I own anymore including my damn truck !

Again thank you Lou for passing on some useful information and looking out for your brothers! I hope you have a great Christmas my brother
post #6 of 12 Old 12-11-2015, 05:04 PM

Thanks. I will look into this. Sounds like a great deal. My metzlers m7 rr last a long time but dont feel that planted when pushed hard when the temp drops below 60. I wish I could get the pilot power pures but they have been replaced. Redsled.
post #7 of 12 Old 12-11-2015, 05:31 PM

Try 200/55 & 120/70 SP V2s
post #8 of 12 Old 12-12-2015, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuminaZX View Post
Try 200/55 & 120/70 SP V2s
I agree on the 200/55 rear. Everyone's always saying use the 190, I switched my last set to try a 200/55 and I like the feel much better. I'll not go back to a 190.

4-Wheels Moves Your Body
2-Wheels Moves Your Soul
"Too Much Horse-Power!" said no one, ever...
Straight lines are for fast bikes, corners are for fast riders...
post #9 of 12 Old 12-12-2015, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelObsessed View Post
I agree on the 200/55 rear. Everyone's always saying use the 190, I switched my last set to try a 200/55 and I like the feel much better. I'll not go back to a 190.
Its not because its 200wide, you like it more because of 55 profile feel compared to 50
190/55 has amazing feel also

2002 Passion Red zx-12r
Flush mount signals,retrofitted projectors(yes I forgot demon eyes lol), indiglo gauges, under tail and integrated taillight,gear indicator,BMC race air filter, kleen air mod, scotts dampener,14r QAthrottle, advanced ignition,Full muzzy exhaust+PCV with autotune+bonneville box going for 200mph
post #10 of 12 Old 12-12-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelObsessed View Post
I still use 180/55 on everything ! I also tried all these new profiles and found nothing to be gained and plenty to be lost. It cost a new set of sprockets every time you try new sizes and spending a lot of time figuring out the set up on the bike. It's just not worth all the pain in the ass headache that comes with it for ZERO gain.. As soon as I'm no longer the guy that's always in front leading every ride I'm involved in maybe I'll see a need to look for something more, but no one has passed in a corner in several years now. All the fast guys around here are on 180/55 size, a few experiment with different front sizes mainly because they are lazy and don't want to adjust their forks in my opinion but that's just my opinion.
post #11 of 12 Old 12-12-2015, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

I hear what you are saying about the 180/55 rear. I've had that on my zx12r for years, it still has it on it now. I was going to order that size again but it cost more than the 190/55. So for now it's getting the 190/55.

Lou

2012 zx14r
2009 Concours 14
2000 zx12r
One day at a Time!!
post #12 of 12 Old 12-12-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I hear what you are saying about the 180/55 rear. I've had that on my zx12r for years, it still has it on it now. I was going to order that size again but it cost more than the 190/55. So for now it's getting the 190/55.

Lou
Oh Lou I fall victim to trying different stuff from time to time based on shit I read or hear. I tried the 190 / 55 deal on my 10R several years back. It changed the feel from the rear for sure just not to my liking. I understand we all like different things when it comes to feedback from our tires. I personally desire a tire than I can feel all the imperfections in the pavement, pebbles, cracks, different texture of the pavement due to weathering etc. I find a tire that isolates me from these feelings / feedback causes me to pull back and slow down even if the tire feels planted and sticky I need to feel all those other things to help me gather enough information inside my head to project where I think the edge is and where I'll be stepping over the edge might be.

Rossi was quoted to say during his days riding the Ducati. The bike would grip, grip, grip, and without warning he would be bouncing off the ground ! ZERO warning! Obviously since all teams were using the same spec tire this lack of feedback was something created by his chassis and it's ability to connect what the tires were experiencing through the chassis and into his ass cheeks and finger tips ! This is what it all really comes down to. You can know what you know as a rider ( none better or more experienced than Rossi ) but all the knowledge on earth becomes worthless unless the tires have a connection to your ass cheeks! And a great tire on one bike may not be worth a damn on another for many different reasons.

I have found the Pirelli tires to give me the best feedback of all the tire brands I have personally ever sampled. On the other side of the equation is the rubber compound and how sticky the tire is or is not.. Factors like hot rubber compared to cold rubber etc.. I have also found the Pirelli Corsa tire to be the best here as well. I wouldn't recommend them as heavily as I do if I wasn't so sure of their ability to do the same for others.

Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-14

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode