2014 ZX14R - clutch & shift lever clatter?? - Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-14-2015, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down 2014 ZX14R - clutch & shift lever clatter??

Good afternoon - 1st time posting...

2014 ZX14r w/ 9700 miles.

Basically stock, slip-ons & a power commander.

History:

Always had a small issue with shifting from 1 to 2. Would stop in N if I wasn't clearly thinking I need to pull hard. Was told it was my shoe or the oil isnt Kawi oil.

<whatever - deal with it>

last week, my bike shot from 185 to 207 to 214 to 221 to 241 and then the litte icon on the screen flashing like I just won a prize. By the time I was at 214 I was already aiming for the shoulder.

fan fuse blew.
and again...and again.. and again...

I let traffic die and let it cool down, take off the rest of the way to work - didnt go over 185.

fastforward 10 hours on the way home - shot up to 200 real quick and detoured to the autoparts store. Resevoir was empty. Filled her up and changed the fuse again. I go to take off and there is a bit of a grind/rattle noise from take off in 1st to 2nd and around 4k RPMs it stopped doing this rattle. Stop and go for the next few miles it was doing this (1st to 2nd shifting only).

Parked it and didnt touch it for a week... which sucks cause its my daily driver. had the shop come get it last night, started it and made some bad metal on metal grinding and whinning.

Shop called and said that oil is perfect, the oil in the pan is perfect, but would have to pull the clutch basket to see what is going on.

Ya'll think the factory warrenty would cover something like this before I have them rip out the clutch etc???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-16-2015, 01:20 PM

As long as you can prove you've kept up with the maintenance, you're golden.

Sounds like they're satisfied the oil was changed on schedule.

Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-14

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode