Insurance quotes knock me ta ***k out!!! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 AM

Start your own insurance company....then you can charge whatever you want...

It's actually not that hard to do...couple classes, a test and business license and your off...well...there's a bit more to it but, it's not that complicated to do.

"In a world full of hate.....There is nothing left to divide."
T. J. Maiden ca. 1994

What's wrong with you people? The sky is MANY colors throughout the day....not JUST BLUE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawabunga View Post
ok, outside of the OP everyone has some awesome rates!

And the b-king for under $300 a year!!!

I was quoted $1450 a year as my cheapest rate on that!

Again....... i'm not saying that $2000 was a good price.......

Anything out here, above 900cc's, you can expect to pay $1200+
(and this is all quotes on bikes 5 years old and older that I was quoted on)

And.....
I'm 34 married and have no tickets.
Why on earth would they charge that much for insurance in an area you can only ride 4-6 months out of the year?....

"In a world full of hate.....There is nothing left to divide."
T. J. Maiden ca. 1994

What's wrong with you people? The sky is MANY colors throughout the day....not JUST BLUE!
post #18 of 26 Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 AM

because they can......

a new car driver its common to see rates $3500+ on a complete junker......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 26 Old 03-23-2013, 07:42 PM

State Farm...

$160/mo for full coverage in NJ :(
post #20 of 26 Old 03-24-2013, 09:13 AM

I got my ins renewal yesterday! went up 14 bucks,now 713$ a year full coverage! not bad i don't think,40 years old married,but i do have 5 cars,trailer,and house with allstate,was with co-operators for 20 years but when i bought zx12 they actually told me no! like no we will not insure it at all!!!! how sutpid is that? have had a bike with them for 20 years as well as my house and car collection,told me to insure it somewhere else,so i did.As did my parents and three of my friends,my co-worker,my shop was insured with them as well,not anymore....And yes i have a squeaky clean record no claims or tickets! So the point of my rant is shop around for insurance,being told how you ride beacause of what you ride is not ok in my book! old guys on cruisers like to go fast too!
post #21 of 26 Old 03-24-2013, 12:01 PM

I found out with the zx12 in ontario only statefarm, td, and jevco (with a 400% markup) will insure it. They are "blacklisted".

$713 is really good! WOW
I was $1240 full coverage.

My DR-Z400sm is $670 or so I think full coverage, and yes I have everything with statefarm as well.
My dad is 61 has a 81 BMW r100rt and he is paying $700 and change......

And if you look on your policy its not much extra for full coverage. Like $20 extra.
Its the liability that kills us!
post #22 of 26 Old 03-24-2013, 01:24 PM

I pay $126 a yr full coverage 0 deduct (GIECO), I'm 42yrs young, clean record, have had my bike lic for 25yrs no accidents.
post #23 of 26 Old 01-07-2016, 01:47 PM

Just posted in "what a rant" yeah Ontario, schmario,
Toronto Dominion 2985- new! This year!
State Farm 2850 sumpin no better!
3 flat out NO!!'s
But wait! - there's more! Just contacted Mantha out of Ottawa today. 2300 full coverage, 2018, no collision. It's so bad, two thousand one hundred eighteen $ gets me excited.
Oh man ........

That's the best so far.....

Anyone in Ontario have any suggestions? ?
I will post more news later of my findings.
Til then......good luck folks
post #24 of 26 Old 01-14-2016, 04:34 PM

Well, I found out I had 3 tickets. Doesn't matter how you get them, there is no forgiveness. Small stuff ( thank goodness) but small enough I didn't think them too serious. Wrongo
3 tiks gets no insurance on all the companies I checked. Progressive, intact, dalton Timmons, Aviva, Mantha ( out of Ottawa) Nope they're not interested. State Farm quoted me not knowing I had tickets. I don't want to know the price. I'm stuck with Toronto Dominion for 3k a year no collision.
Mind you, Canadian riders- Mantha had the best price of all I checked. They take two tickets, but not three. One tik will be gone next year, and I'm going with them.

If I pay my "fine" I've paid my debt to society, and therefore should( shall) not be persecuted or prosecuted further because I am a free person through paying my fine.

But - I can be punished( prosecuted) for 3 yrs or more depending on the circumstances by the insurance companies.
So what gives? The gov gives our info to the insurance company and let's it happen.
It's not right but that's the way it is. So actually my 50 $ ticket is a cleverly disguised 3000$ ticket called renewal " increase "- and you can suffer for a while and think about that son.

Acceptance is most of it. I m lucky to have a provider, although a CB 350 will kill you and lay you up collecting benefits just as easily as the 12r in my mind.

Stay safe.
post #25 of 26 Old 03-26-2017, 07:04 PM

I have a clean driving record and pay about $350/yr total for a 2007 Vulcan 900 and 2016 ZX14. Only liability on both. I live in South Carolina.
post #26 of 26 Old 06-09-2017, 07:59 PM

I just picked mine up and it's $24/month full coverage on a 2016. My 2011 1000rr was $43/month....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-14

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode