Akrapovic on ZX14R - With Pics
I emailed some questions to Akrapovic, thought I'd share the answers for those who might be interested. I'm pretty firm on my choice to order an Akra full race system for my bike... Getting pretty excited about the start of the modifications! Answers are in green.
1) Can you tell me the difference between the "slip-on line" and the "full racing line"? They share the same mufflers and link pipes. No difference.
2) Is the slip-on line the same as the full racing line when you buy the optional SS header? Yes
3) If I order the full racing system can I install the mufflers on the stock header temporarily? Yes
4) Are the full racing mufflers louder than the slip on mufflers, or is it just the aftermarket header and removal of the cats that add extra loudness? Our slip on’s have the same decibel reading as stock but a deeper tone. Yes with the optional header they will be louder. See website for technical specifications for the slip on system.
5) Does Akrapovic offer a quiet core insert of any kind? It is part of the muffler and cannot be removed.
6) Any need for a tune if just the slip-ons are utilized? No tune needed for either system, is designed to work with stock ECU in place.
7) Can you comment on how the slip-ons are located in comparison to the stock exhausts? In other words, would after-market luggage that was designed to work with the stock exhaust work with the Akrapovics? Yes aftermarket luggage will work in almost all cases. Our system follow the same lines as stock.
8) Any plans to come out with carbon fiber silencers for the zx14r? There are no plans for carbon fiber silencers for this bike.
Last edited by VinnieZX12R; 10-02-2012 at 04:57 PM.