Weak Front Brakes - Page 2 - Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 Old 12-09-2016, 10:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 197
Ok, Im sure it is much better, but there should be little or no bulging or at least even bulging along the line, how old are the OEM lines +5yrs...theyre done unless you need to be really frugal and wait for another paycheck.

The back brake, fine leave it rubber. I vote for front SS lines being worth the money when you can do it. Im not sure that the SS flex type ever need re-replacing unless you damage them. Every bit of bulging is a loss of braking power.
BIRD B GONE likes this.
weedy64 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 27 Old 12-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Duck00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Australia
Posts: 1,572
I would agree with getting SS lines for the front, it will complement the refurbishment you have done!

Don.
BIRD B GONE likes this.
Duck00 is offline  
post #18 of 27 Old 12-09-2016, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck00 View Post
I would agree with getting SS lines for the front, it will complement the refurbishment you have done!

Don.
I also agree Don, the SS lines would complement the brake rebuild to great effect. As weedy64 has hinted to, I do have to be a little frugal now. Yesterdays work (including tyres) totaled $1200. Which isn't ideal just before Christmas.

Question for those that have the SS lines on a ZX11/ZZR1100. Have you retained the splitter or gone for 2 lines directly from the master cylinder??. Mine has a SS line from the master to the splitter, then twin rubber from there on.

Cheers
Duck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 27 Old 12-10-2016, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Hey Duck, check out HEL performance for braided lines
https://au.helperformance.com
Just placed an order with them!! Woo Hoo..

Thanks for the tip Steve. $143 delivered.

Hopefully they're in stock and they can meet the 2 day delivery. I'll book the bike back in for later in the week.

I'd been umming and ahhhing and then the alcohol took effect. F*&k the cost
Duck is offline  
post #20 of 27 Old 12-10-2016, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
SteveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 1,020
Nice work, I've got the HEL lines on a couple of my bikes. They're pretty good quality

2006 ZX-12R B6F
Ohlins / TRAXXION Dynamics / NISSIN / HEL / Power Commander / Bear Racing / Akrapovic / BMC / Muzzy / Healtech / ERMAX / Helibars / GSG / R&G / NUI Racing
SteveW is offline  
post #21 of 27 Old 12-11-2016, 01:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Duck00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Australia
Posts: 1,572
Ah yes, alcohol, eBay's friend!!
Duck00 is offline  
post #22 of 27 Old 12-11-2016, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck00 View Post
Ah yes, alcohol, eBay's friend!!
Baahhhaaaaaha.. Yep :)

Actually Don, I bought them from HEL's Australian site and distributor. I sent them a message tonight to check availability or if they make them up to order just so I know if I can get the bike back in this week. In the process of that, I saw where they are located. It's 15 minutes drive from my house, literally the next suburb. So I also asked if I could pick them up and they credit me the shipping. Every little bit counts.
Duck is offline  
post #23 of 27 Old 12-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Duck00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Australia
Posts: 1,572
Sounds great!
Duck00 is offline  
post #24 of 27 Old 12-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
 
BIRD B GONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Barrie,ON. Canada
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
I also agree Don, the SS lines would complement the brake rebuild to great effect. As weedy64 has hinted to, I do have to be a little frugal now. Yesterdays work (including tyres) totaled $1200. Which isn't ideal just before Christmas.

Question for those that have the SS lines on a ZX11/ZZR1100. Have you retained the splitter or gone for 2 lines directly from the master cylinder??. Mine has a SS line from the master to the splitter, then twin rubber from there on.

Cheers
I went directly to the master.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13323861_10154152561191678_978233326_o.jpg (444.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 13324301_10154152561111678_94374782_o.jpg (466.1 KB, 5 views)

1986 Yamaha--- FZ750
2001--- CBRXX 1100 Blackbird
Mystic Black 03-- ZX12R 172 rwhp
2008 --- ZX14
Now Riding 1993 --- ZX-11

Last edited by BIRD B GONE; 12-17-2016 at 04:13 PM.
BIRD B GONE is offline  
post #25 of 27 Old 12-17-2016, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIRD B GONE View Post
I went directly to the master.
Had the bike back in for the new lines on Thursday. Same, dual direct from the master. At first I didn't think the upgrade had achieved much but after some testing, the noticeable change is when under hard braking if I continuously squeeze harder and harder, there isn't any give. I have to resign myself to the fact it's an older heavier bike, older technology master cylinder and calipers. I'm not going to get modern performance.

So after the master rebuild, caliper overhaul and braided lines. I no longer have weak front brakes. Or money in the bank.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to offer their opinions and assistance.

Merry Christmas to all!
SteveW likes this.
Duck is offline  
post #26 of 27 Old 12-18-2016, 12:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Duck00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Australia
Posts: 1,572
Cheers mate! Have a good one too!
Duck00 is offline  
post #27 of 27 Old 01-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Senior Member
 
BIRD B GONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Barrie,ON. Canada
Posts: 479
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
Had the bike back in for the new lines on Thursday. Same, dual direct from the master. At first I didn't think the upgrade had achieved much but after some testing, the noticeable change is when under hard braking if I continuously squeeze harder and harder, there isn't any give. I have to resign myself to the fact it's an older heavier bike, older technology master cylinder and calipers. I'm not going to get modern performance.

So after the master rebuild, caliper overhaul and braided lines. I no longer have weak front brakes. Or money in the bank.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to offer their opinions and assistance.

Merry Christmas to all!
Glad that it all worked out for ya Duck!!!

1986 Yamaha--- FZ750
2001--- CBRXX 1100 Blackbird
Mystic Black 03-- ZX12R 172 rwhp
2008 --- ZX14
Now Riding 1993 --- ZX-11
BIRD B GONE is offline  
Reply

  Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com > Kawasaki Motorcycles > ZX-11

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forum :: KawasakiWorld.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front brakes simlog ZX-12R 5 12-04-2016 01:30 PM
front brake discs replacements robstar Z750 Z1000 0 11-25-2016 11:49 AM
ZX12 ´00 LEFT front FOOT REST COMPATIBLE zx12r_tenerife ZX-12R 2 10-11-2016 04:09 AM
front sprocket ggpostal ZX-12R 4 07-26-2016 07:19 PM
Venhill front brake lines BigSkip765 ZX-12R 0 07-22-2016 10:42 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome